ACC / assist / satnav glitches

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.Buzz
madbilly

Post by madbilly »

Hi all,

I've done a few long journeys in the past couple of weeks, about 200 miles each. I used the satnav, ACC and driver assist a lot (in fact, I've not yet got round to trying to turn assist off!). Overall, I find the combination of these three excellent, makes motorway and even backroad driving much more relaxing.

However I found a couple of glitches:
  • The sign recognition often mistakes 60mph speed limit sign for 50mph, which when combined with ACC makes the car brake quite suddenly
  • When in the outside lane of a motorway going over a flyover, using satnav (but I think it would happen without) the assist thinks I have taken the exit sliproad and that I'm approaching a roundabout, so the ACC slows the car down! Quite a surprise the first time, annoying the rest.
  • The car also often says, when in the slow lane, to move 2 or 3 lanes to the right into the fast lane! Not sure why it does this but it might be related to the above
  • The satnav doesn't generally show charging stations when I'm on a motorway, even when I've asked it to
I've asked the VW dealer if there's a bug/issue tracker VW have where I could report these things otherwise I think it's unlikely they'll be fixed.

Cheers :)

Kernowkenn

Post by Kernowkenn »

Yes its clever - but not that clever 😀 Also hates cyclists and has a habit of flashing, beeping and slamming the brakes on (the car not the cyclist). From my experience Dealer knowledge is very limited as yet and VW themselves do not seem interested in listening (they already have your money).
madbilly

Post by madbilly »

Hi Ken,

Interesting feedback thanks. I've not noticed it being so antagonistic yet! Anyway, the dealer said I should just call customer services, which I dread doing as it will be a very tedious phone call - all I want to do is report the bugs, I know customer services can't help me fix them! I might see if I can find an email address...

Cheers :)