Missing toolkit with jack

All Volkswagen ID.Buzz related discussions
Denmor

Post by Denmor »

When we ordered our ID Buzz one of the options we chose was: Tool kit with jack £75.00.
When we collected our vehicle, in April, this toolkit was missing and we've been chasing it up ever since.
Today the VW dealership emailed us, stating: "... VW [says] the id buzz doesn't come with a full tool kit. And this is not something we can even order for the buzz just yet."
Anyone else order this toolkit and got it or didn't get it?

AdamM79

Post by AdamM79 »

Ordered toolkit & jack with my first edition!
Had to cancel the jack,
Didn’t get anything!!!
DazofNaz

Post by DazofNaz »

Having the same problem here. My dealership says there isn't a toolkit/jack, but happily took the £75 to supply it. The user manual refers to it on page 40, so I'm sure it exists. Oh, and the dealership nearby are selling an ID Buzz with the toolkit/jack included. Going to see my sales guy today for a chat today.
Denmor

Post by Denmor »

DazofNaz, I'd be very interested to hear how you got on.
DazofNaz

Post by DazofNaz »

Well, the guy that's been 'helping' me with my purchase was away for the day, so I dealt with a chap from the back office. I pointed out 3 things:
1. I was able to spec it when ordering the car and paid for the pleasure.
2. The user manual refers to it on page 40 and specifies the contents.
3. A dealership in the next town are selling a 1st edition Buzz with the full toolkit included.
So, he looked at my original order and it was included, but then he looked at my delivery spec and it wasn't. He looked in the book at page 40, and then looked uncomfortable. He then disappeared for about 5-10 mins, then called me into the back office depths of the dealership where I met a parts guy that had the toolkit/jack on his screen. Parts ordered, to be delivered on Saturday. Happy with that.
I did mention that I wasn't the only one without the kit, so there might be a bit of a rush on them in the next few weeks, ha-ha!
Denmor

Post by Denmor »

DazofNaz, thank you for that; I'll get back to our VW dealership. Also, our toolkit is actually listed on our delivery spec sheet and we've paid for it.
Denmor

Post by Denmor »

VW toolkit only.png

Success! I went to the dealership in person, got handed over to the parts guy, whose computer was telling him that there is no actual full toolkit for the ID Buzz, despite my having been able to order it via the configurator and despite the picture in the ID Buzz Owners Manual 11.2022: > If and when > Vehicle toolkit > Contents of the vehicle toolkit, but he was able to order the missing bits of the toolkit as individual items, (items 3, 4, 5 & 6), as the vehicle came with items 1 & 2. I was told to expect delivery of them some time next week.
Last edited by Denmor on Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue_Shuttle

Post by Blue_Shuttle »

Hi, took delivery of my two tone 1st Edition Buzz in February and it came with a Tool Kit in a bay, Compressor and Tyre Sealant, First Aid Kit and Hi Vis Jacket.
It has now been fully wrapped in PPF film and goes very well. Would like to dis-able the steering wheel heater for the summer.
The compressor and tyre sealant is located behind the left hand removable panel.
Have fun, lovely vehicle.

Buzz being wrapped  20230223_150505.jpg

Tools In Toolkit Bag.jpg

Toolkit Bag.jpg

Location of Compressor and Tyre Sealant.jpg

First Aid Kit and HiVis Jacket.jpg

Compressor and Tyre Sealant.jpg

madbilly

Post by madbilly »

Hi all,
Interesting to see the photos. I got all the same bits of kit but not in the zip-up pack, but that doesn't really bother me as I keep them in the fold-out boxes that came with the car (part of comfort pack plus?).
Cheers :)