New owner, few queries

All Volkswagen ID.Buzz related discussions
madbilly

Post by madbilly »

Hi all,

I got my Orange/white 1st edition Buzz this week, what a car! Certainly gets people talking, I had two people come up to me in a car park to ask about it only today.

I've got a few questions I hope some of you can help me with:
  • Are there any USB-A sockets in the car? My smartphone has a USB-C socket but I've only got USB-A to C cable, not C to C.
    I can only find 2 USB-C sockets in the rear, one in each sliding door, but according to the spec this car is supposed to have "comfort pack plus" which AFAICT includes 4 USB-C sockets in the rear. Where are the other two?!
    If you look at the car, then at the bottom of the car is what looks like a camera, but this car doesn't have a front camera apparently; is that big camera the rain sensor, or range finder for the cruise control?
    Anyone know if the ID.Buzz vulnerable to the car theft "replay" attacks that have been in the news recently? If so can keyless entry be disabled?
    On the spec list in MyVolkswagen it has listed "NV-SE control", what's this?
    How should the cargo net be fitted? It has two pegs which I presume connect to something like hooks, but I can't find anything suitable
    What accessories should the car come with normally?
Cheers :)

Dimdavies812

Post by Dimdavies812 »

Sorry I can’t help with your queries. Can I ask which build week your Buzz was allocated? Do you know when your vehicle was built and how long was it at Emden awaiting shipping? Thank you
madbilly

Post by madbilly »

Hi.
I actually don't know, I managed to pick up a nearly new Buzz by signing up to updates from Autotrader and VW's own used car and van sales pages then calling as soon as the adverts came up. I did also place an order with a deposit etc but that was only this year and couldn't bear waiting two years so I always kept looking for one in the spec I wanted.

If you like I can try and find out for you via the dealer it was originally ordered from?

I think the camera at the bottom of the windscreen might just be the housing for one.

madbilly

Post by madbilly »

Hi all,
I got a few answers:
  • No USB-A sockets. Either buy adapter cables or plug a power supply with a USB-A port into the under-seat 230VAC socket
  • No USB-C sockets in the load area/boot for some reason, dealer still investigating, seems that this wasn't available on early orders and the brochures and press releases were misleading?
  • The cameras on the windscreen are not the same as a front-parking camera; the front parking camera would be integrated into the front bumper
  • The cargo net pegs go into the fittings above the passenger doors on the inside and then the straps somehow connect to something down below, but not sure yet (dealer suggested the seat runners which I don't think is right!)
mogoforest

Post by mogoforest »

Hi. The cargo net does indeed fit in the seat runners. Please see attached

IMG_0483.jpeg

IMG_0487.jpeg

madbilly

Post by madbilly »

Perfect! Thanks Mogoforest :)