Hi from Catalunya

New to the Volkswagen ID.Buzz Forums? Introduce yourself here
Pondboy

Post by Pondboy »

Hi,

Just introducing myself here, having been on other car and bike forums under the same username.

Our 1st edition Buzz arrived in our Tortosa dealers showroom this week and we will pick it up in the middle of next week. It is the yellow/cream scheme and looks absolutely stunning in the real. Well worth the 2 years of pestering the salesman & getting my order in a year ago the day they went on sale.

It's a slight performance downgrade from the F80 M3 I had to sell to get the Buzz, but I have to admit my knees went wobbly when I saw the Buzz in their showroom yesterday. It might not have the oompf of the M3, but, IMO, it stands out more than most supercars looks wise.

I have installed a Wallbox charger in our garage & we put in a solar system (8kW panels & 30kW battery) last year, so in sunny times charging should be cheap.

I will upload piccies asap.

Martin H

Pondboy

Post by Pondboy »

IMG_20230119_100400.jpg

IMG_20230119_100221.jpg

IMG_20230120_091714.jpg

Pondboy

Post by Pondboy »

We are collecting our Buzz tomorrow morning.

Today I had to drop off some documents to the dealer and got a chance to sit in it and hook up the ID Connect app. & also have a basic check out of some of the goodies. A nice surprise was finding out it has a massage function in the front seats. I'm sure that there will be other things I will find out about once I get it.

Tonight is going to feel like Christmas eve when I was a kid.
AdamM79

Post by AdamM79 »

Superb,

will be good to hear first impressions
Pondboy

Post by Pondboy »

We collected the Buzz from the dealers this morning.

As far as I can tell, it has :-

Software 3.2.0
Electric rear doors
Park assist
Heated front seats and steering wheel
Massage front seats

No raised platform bits in the boot
No towing hook

It is a great thing to drive, good suspension & ride, goes well in normal mode. You definitely notice the weight when if you start slinging it around, but it steers and corners well at sensible speeds. Very deceptive lack of noise at speed, I kept finding we were going about 20kph faster than I thought from the lack of sensory inputs.

Had to switch off all the lane/braking assist gubbins which annoyed me.

Tested charging with our Wallbox, which worked fine, I want to reduce the input rate so our solar system can cope, as it can only handle <7kW output, any drain higher than that switches the system over to the mains supply,which isn't a problem but if we can charge off our solar it would be better.

All in all, more than very happy. My insurance company didn't have one in their database, so had to add it in and get back to me with a quote. When I asked the salesman, he thought that there were less than 30 Buzzs in all of Spain at the moment.

It is certainly a different kettle of fish from the F80 M3 I sold to buy it and I am very glad I made that change.

PB
Kernowkenn

Post by Kernowkenn »

Congratulations. Nice to know that you are happy 😄 My 1st Edition is due to arrive at the dealers in February. The electric rear door is an option here in the U.K. which was disappointing. Always good to hear of owner’s experiences. I currently have a Mitsubishi PHEV which has been a great car. The 7kw “Polar” charging box I put in 7 years ago should still do the job. I am in contact with Indra in the U.K. about a V2H box so that I can use some of the Buzz battery power in my house. Still a few months away but could be a future saving 😄
Pondboy

Post by Pondboy »

Which are the most widely usable charging system dongles in the UK? i.e. WeCharge, etc.

Just wondering what I would need before making a trip back. I'm currently ordering ChargeMap, WeCharge and Electromaps dongles for use out here.

PB
Kernowkenn

Post by Kernowkenn »

Good question. I have no clear answer. Many people here use Zap-Map to find chargers. You can also pay via the App (https://www.zap-map.com/how-to-pay-public-ev-charging/) although I have not tried it myself as yet. VW also have their own charging solution - We Charge - via the We Connect App. Again I’ve never used it as I still don’t have my Buzz. Maybe someone else can add their experiences. Good luck 😄
AdamM79

Post by AdamM79 »

Since 2019 I reckon i have used a public charger a handful of times,
but, when I have I use Zap-Map, tells you what chargers are in use/broken & user reviews.
Kernowkenn

Post by Kernowkenn »

Just been to my dealer this morning to discuss a trade-in and took the opportunity to have a test drive. My thoughts echo others. It’s a real pleasure to drive both on the motorway and around narrow country roads. Once I’d got the hang of selecting forward and reverse 😄 and the fact that there was no handbrake 😆 it was a breeze. Still awaiting my delivery. It appears that it is ready for shipment once the can find a badge/logo to stick on the front - for Gods sake !!!