U.K. Deliveries

All Volkswagen ID.Buzz related discussions
Catbus

Post by Catbus »

I also received the email letter from VW thanking me for "entrusting them with my deposit" but advising me that my car wasn't due to be manufactured until Sept 23, unless of course, I was able to compromise on my specifications. From reading other posts I assume this will mean foregoing the two-tone paint. Given that looks is really the only thing this car has going for it (otherwise it's just a very heavy five-seater) that's not a compromise I'm happy to make.
I placed my order in late June and received a congratulatory email saying that I was now "ahead of the game" as a priority customer! Having seen 2 two-tone Buzz's around town over the past week I certainly don't feel that way now and I'm seriously considering cancelling. Maybe that's just sour grapes but there are more efficient, longer range (though less good-looking) options available - even ones that have opening windows for rear-seat passengers.

Kernowkenn

Post by Kernowkenn »

Hi Catbus. It’s all a bit of a confused mess. I’m assuming they didn’t actually tell you why there is the delay. Did you already have an earlier manufacture date? Mine is on the system for last November! It does appear that VW are giving their customers the finger again. 🤬
Catbus

Post by Catbus »

Hi Kernowkenn
To be fair VW never gave me any production or delivery dates. But my dealer agrees that the “priority” promotion was misleading and has offered to return my deposit, which I am very tempted to accept, given the number of compelling recent/imminent product launches.
Russters

Post by Russters »

I placed an order for my Buzz cargo on the day they were released (September I think), I was told it would likely be march delivery, I am about to pick it up tomorrow I was given 2 weeks notice and told if I don't take it they'd have to sell it on and I would have to re-place my order which would likely take 18-24 months to arrive due to production delays.
Kernowkenn

Post by Kernowkenn »

This just popped up. If you can’t wait for the two-tone paint then maybe a vinyl wrap is the answer 🤣😂
Horrible music so you may need the volume off 😆
Blue_Shuttle

Post by Blue_Shuttle »

Hi,
I am planning to get my two-tone, Candy White/Starlight Blue metallic Buzz Paint Protection Film (PPF) wrapped and Ceramic Coated following delivery to keep it looking good.
However, the application of either film needs to be performed by experts trained in their application.
Has any forum members had any experience with XPEL or STEK films.
Both have similar products, similar film thickness's with the XPEL product showing slight signs of an orange peel effect.
Any comments most welcome.

20221209_124410.jpg

Findo

Post by Findo »

I placed my order for 1st Ed no options in solid silver on 13 July and took delivery on 21 Dec
AdamM79

Post by AdamM79 »

Thats great news!!
first impressions?
AdamM79

Post by AdamM79 »

Just had a n update from my dealer,
looking at week 6 build, but not confirmed by the factory yet..

they have also said that the price to wrap the roof for the two tone look is £1750....
brenticles

Post by brenticles »

My Style has left the factory

Dealer rekons 4-5 weeks until its here for me to pickup