Real World Range - UK

All Volkswagen ID.Buzz related discussions
lebber

Post by lebber »

Morning All,

I currently have a BMW iX3 but am looking to change to a Buzz, I compete in dog agility and the big square boot will be much better for dogs, plus the potential to sleep in it on the odd occasion is very tempting!

However, the range worries me! My ix3 has a claimed range of 285 but I've never seen more than 230 (only had it since December though). On particularly cold days I'm starting with 100% which is around 180 miles. My concern is if the Buzz has a similar drop from quoted it just isn't going to be enough, add to that the aerodynamics of a brick I'm assuming it's going to deliver a worse m/kwh than the ix3 also.

Can anyone who has taken delivery let me know what they're getting as a real world, worst case, cold weather range please? Would love to see real life pictures also if anyone wants to share their new beast!

IansBuzz

Post by IansBuzz »

Hi, I have only had my buzz van for 2 weeks but so far it seems to be settling on 2.9 miles / kWh. I did 162 mile straight run, as quick as I was allowed, outside temp 4 deg, the second day I had it and from 100% charge. It only had a round 100kg in the back, myself and a passenger. On arrival it was saying 64 miles remained. Not sure how accurate that is but it gives you an idea if it helps.